This tour is FULLY BOOKED at this point. If you are interested in joining this tour if spots become available,
you may indicate your interest on the wait list at the bottom of this page.
Join us on this exciting adventure! Lucca is a walled, medieval town in the heart of Tuscany. You’ll spend 10 days in Lucca with us; cycling, sightseeing, and soaking in the Tuscan sun. Lucca features tiny streets, great restaurants, and 800-year-old Italian architecture. To the south lie quiet, mostly flat roads that wind through wine country. To the north the Apennine Mountains await with steep climbs and thrilling descents. Day trips to Florence and Cinque Terre are in the works as well. Our 3 guides will escort you in rides and excursions, or you can venture off on your own.
DATES: July 19th-29th, 2018 (add-on options available at either end)
LUCCA ADVENTURE: July 19th to 29th
- Ten days, nine nights in Lucca – we have booked an entire B&B right in the heart of the old city
- Three guides to escort guests and rides and off-the-bike excursions
- Day trips to Pisa, Florence, and Cinque Terre
- Train tickets to and from Pisa or Florence for arrival and departure
Want more? How about these Add-Ons!
TOUR DE FRANCE: July 16th to 20th - Stage 12 of le Tour de France on the slopes of Alpe d’Huez
- Half-day cycling the sights in Paris
- Two additional days of cycling TdF routes – Alpe d’Huez, Lauteret, Galibier, Montgenevre
- Fully supported rides and equipment transfers
- All ground transportation between Paris and Lucca
ROME: July 29th to 31st - Roma and the Vatican
- Two add-on days in Rome
- Frecciarossa rail between Florence and Rome
- Access to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Cathedral
Lucca Adventure - $1600/person + flights (flight prices ranging from $800-$1100)
+ Tour de France Add-on = $600 (flights will likely be about $100 cheaper if we arrive in Paris)
+ Rome Add-on = $430 (return home Tuesday, July 31st)
Trip Cost Includes
- All accommodations
- Mechanical support from our guides
- Van support on le Tour Add-On
- Vatican museum entrance on Rome Add-On
- Most meals (breakfasts and dinners are included); we will provide some ride-nutrition too, but you will be responsible for your own lunches.
- All route-planning and mapping. You have access to turn-by-turn routes and GPS files for upload.
- Guide services – Tom has ridden these routes... but we’ll need your help too.
The tour is FULLY BOOKED at this point. If you are still interested in joining this tour and have not yet signed up,
you may indicate your interest on the wait list.
LUCCA TOUR MAPS
Below are several route options we could pedal during our stay in Lucca.